zondag 2 december 2012

Japanese calligraphy

Hello!

This week, we tried Japanese calligraphy (衝動) at college.
It's a form of artistic writing and it looks really pretty (when you're good at it).
The teachers showed us a video were they explained how to do this. After that video, one of our teachers showed us how she wrote her own name and then we got to task to write our own name in katakana.
My name in katakana is quite boring, so after practising writing it three times I switched to some more fun stuff. Kanji!

For privacy reasons, I turned us into a Plusle and Minun

The one on the left is me~ As you can see, I'm not really good at doing this. The girl next to me however, is really good at it in my opinion. She wrote 'genki' which is hard to translate into another language, but I guess 'energetic' and 'healthy' would be close enough. I wrote 'ongaku' which means 'music'.
'Genki' is probably my favorite Japanese word. I really love writing it too.

During the Japanese workshops at school we always do such fun things. A few weeks ago we tried origami folding. I failed at doing that, but still, I really love doing it. Here are some old pictures from that time (I made two hats for my dogs, so cute)


Aren't they adoreable! Okay, I must admit that the one on the left (named Sientje) didn't really like it. She gets scared when we put things on her head. But the other one (which is named Ira) didn't really mind it.

For next week's Japanese workshop, we will have to explain 'Sinterklaas' and the way we celebrate it here in the Netherlands, to our Japanese teachers. Hopefully it will be as much fun as the other workshops!

Chibi Sachiko-chan

Konnichipon!

Did everyone have a nice week? Here it's getting colder and yesterday I saw the first snowflakes falling down! I don't really like the cold, but the snow looks really pretty and gives such a cozy feeling.

Todays lesson will be:

Tsuki
Moon

The kanji for moon (月) has a lot of different meanings, but I won't bother you with all of them. This kanji is also used in the Japanese word for Monday (which you can read about here) 月曜日, but it's pronounced like 'getsu' instead of 'tsuki'.
Don't you think the kanji kinda looks like a moon? I think it does! It's really easy to write too!

From now on, I will start taking requests for words. So if there's a word you would like to know, leave a comment down below and maybe I will talk about it next week!

また来週

2 opmerkingen:

  1. I would like to see the word 'Love' because that kanji is a pain in the ass and I like to torture you.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen